Monday, January 21, 2008

2008 Goals

I am going to set some basic goals for 2008, nothing fancy (and not as lofty as many others can regularly achieve), but some that will be reasonable (and challenging for me).

1. Get my 5 K time under 30 minutes. For me this is a lofty goal since sub-35 minutes is currently a challenge. I will spend time this spring working on speed training.
2. Run a half marathon under 2:30. This is an important goal for me--and one that is most definitely doable.
3. Complete a full marathon. I have already registered for the first Rock n Roll San Antonio Marathon http://www.rnrsa.com on November 16, 2008. This one may seem a bit anticlimactic since, although I have never completed a full marathon, I have completed a 50K ultra marathon.
4. Run the Sunmart 50K Texas Trail Endurance http://www.petroleumwholesale.com/sunmart.web/race/default.aspx again in 2008. This time I want to come in under 8 hours. That was my conservative 2007 goal time, but blisters in both feet pushed me back into settling for completing the run in any time.
5. Dropping 25 pounds from my 254.5 pound body. In order to do this I will have to watch what I eat in addition to all my running.

There they are, my top 5 goals for 2008. I guess in a year we can see how I did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.