Sunday, February 6, 2011

IMTX Training - Week 5

With the end of week 5 of Ironman Training I am 25% of the way through the training program. This week of training brought more firsts for my training. My most notable workouts this week included my two longest swim workouts ever (each over 2 miles long) and my longest bike ride ever (70 miles). Given the continuing nature of my training, I suppose that new personal highs will be the normal course of events for me over the near future since I am training for doing a 2.4 mile swim and a 112 mile bike ride (plus a 26.2 mile run) in the same day.

Here is how this past week of training breaks down:

Swim - 7100 yards, 2:59:08
Bike - 70.0 miles on roads plus time on spin bike or trainer, 7:00:08
Run - 27.0 miles, 5:42:16
Other - stretching or other training workout, 0:15:00

Overall training time 15:56:32

This week had me back into the build phase of training as I increased to about a half hour ahead of where I was 2 weeks ago in terms of total time trained. I am still surprised by my ability to keep up with this level of training, both from a physical point of view as well as being able to keep up with work and family obligations.

Week 6 brings more of the same as the build phase continues, including an 80 mile bike ride planned for next week with my training group.

104 days until Ironman Texas......

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Another great week of workouts. That's amazing how well you're keeping up with the distances and amount of time - it's a huge commitment for sure!

I can't believe how close your race is getting - you're almost under 100 days!