Sunday, November 13, 2011

Off-Season "Training"

Finally, I have reached a week of off-season non-training. What did I do this week? Let's see....

I spent more time in the hot tub than the swimming pool. I think I swam a total of 900 yards in 2 separate swim sessions of 450 yards, whose sole purpose was just to keep me loose and retain some semblance of muscle memory. I spent 10-15 minutes on a spin bike for the same reason on one day. Finally, I ran an easy 4.26 miles this morning and felt pretty good at that, I felt even better enjoying breakfast with friends afterward.

I also took some time to spend some extra quality time with my Golden Retriever, Coco, who has had to put up with less play time with me during some of my extra training periods. We hung at the Woodlands Waterway for awhile yesterday afternoon along part of the Ironman Texas run course.

Then this afternoon I had a 3 scoop waffle bowl sundae at Marble Slab Creamery to celebrate the end of my tri season. So maybe I did eat pretty freely this weekend, and maybe I did pack on a few pounds. I am no longer afraid of that anymore.

Up for me next week is easing back into some training and returning to a normal diet for me.

:-)

188 days until Ironman Texas.....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's awesome Richard. I think time off was well earned with all you've done this year!!!