Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gear Upgrades

I've been working on upgrades of two pieces of training gear this week.

The first is upgrading my understanding of the Garmin Forerunner 305 unit that I have had for several years. In addition to learning to reprogram the run and bike screens to display in a way that I find preferable. In addition, I have added a speed and cadence sensor for my bike to supplement the Garmin's data.

The second upgrade is a bit more significant. I have added a new bike to my equipment list. Here is a photo of the bike leaning up against the back of my car:



I took it for a short jaunt around the block yesterday to check the pedal/shoe cleat connections and then for a 31 mile ride early this morning. It is going to take a bit to get used to a tri-bike as opposed to a road bike, but I can see that I am going to like this new bike. One thing is for certain, it sure can move down the road!

2 comments:

Rae! said...

YAY!!! What a difference in bikes. I have a road bike and when I test rode the tri bike I fell in love.Enjoy your new bike. MY garmin kicked the bucket. Looking for a new one.

Amanda said...

My garmin died, but I'll get a new one soon.

Great bike - now you're going to be impossible to keep up with :)!