Sunday, January 20, 2013

Into the Future....

This past Thursday I had my most recent follow up appointment with my surgeon. During this appointment he told me that back in October/November he thought I was crazy to think that I could properly recover and train for the Ironman race by next May, though he always told me that it was possible if I healed well. I did my part by following doctor's orders on recovery and followed my physical therapy regimen as well.

During this appointment he told me that my recovery is beyond his expectations and he has cleared me to begin training for Ironman Texas. He says he will be there watching friends do the race and will expect to see me doing it as well.

Monday begins my return to an Ironman training program. It will just be some small steps up at first so as not to risk injury by doing too much too fast, but in time it will grow to a full training program designed to get me through the race. Getting to race day is still not guaranteed as my injury may pose as yet unknown issues, however I will deal with those--and anything else--as they come.

Ironman Texas awaits!

117 days and counting.....

3 comments:

K said...

I'm so excited for you!!!!! It's going to be fun!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Boom!! Not just racing but racing well?! Sounds like you:)

Amanda said...

That is excellent news Richard! As usual you inspire me.