Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hail??

OK, this is just a quick post but felt I had to add it. I got up to go on an early bike ride today as it has been a month since I've taken my bike out and I have that CB&I triathlon coming up and all... Anyway, knowing there is rainy weather coming I check the weather radar and figure that the storms are about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away, and then I head out.

About 1.5 miles down the road, I start to feel some rain drops and I start thinking that there must be a few small pockets of rain out there. Then the drops start to sting and make noises as they hit my helmet. That's about when I notice the pea-sized pellets of hail starting to come down. Fortunately, I am near a neighborhood park and I quickly turn around and take cover as the hail continues off and on for the 10 - 15 minutes.

After waiting for those 10 - 15 minutes, the rain also clears outwith the hail and I go about my ride for the morning before coming home, cleaning up my bike and myself, and then take my wife out for breakfast.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yikes - hail in April...The weather is so crazy this year. I'm glad you were able to take shelter and then get back out there without more hail!