Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Render Unto Caesar...

I made a late trip to the post office this evening to drop an envelope into the mail to the Internal Revenue Service, the modern day equivalent of rendering unto Caesar. Maybe I am being just a little overly dramatic, but then again the federal government doesn't seem to take my opinion into account when they spend my money--and that seems to be regardless of whoever is in the White House at the time.



Also, I just found out recently that Sun Mart is no longer putting on the Sun Mart 50K/50 Mile event in December. I am very disappointed that I will not be able to run it again. I did not run it last year as I my training was not quite there at that point (and it was on my birthday), but I had already put it on my planning schedule at the beginning of this year and was expecting a great time out the whole experience. I am glad I did this event in 2007. It still ranks as my worst event performance (largely due to an injury), but my favorite event experience!



I feel like I was the last to find out, although I suspect that is hardly the case.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Tax time, isn't it great? No, not really :)!

That's too bad about the 50K - maybe you'll be able to find another endurance event around the same time of year...

Hang in there :)!

Richard said...

Amanda,
Word is that another sponsor may run with putting on a similar race, but SunMart did such a fantastic job, I don't know if anyone else would be up to the comparison. In the end we will see. While I was looking forward to SunMart 50K, my big winter race is the WDW Marathon. I know I could always do the Goofy Challenge--and I have thought about it--but I would be very disappointed if I got hurt on the half marathon and then could not do the full marathon. On the other hand, I have not yet registered for WDW and could still do the Goofy Challenge.

Heather and Jeff said...

Too bad about Sunmart, but Decker Challenge here we come!!

K said...

Keep your eyes open for Sunmart to be resurrected as a different race. I have never run it, and was planning to last year before the hip fracture occurred. Hopefully, we'll both be able to run a renamed race in December...