Being a goal oriented person, I enjoy setting out a new year with specific goals in mind. The goals set out here are for my running and triathlon activities.
1. Run a sub-30 minute 5K. I've been after this one for a while and really feel I can do it this year.
2. Run a sub-2:30 half marathon. Just like #1, I really am going after this goal this year.
3. Participate in at least 4 triathlons this year. I did 4 last year, so I don't see why I can't do at least that many again.
4. Get my weight under 200 pounds and keep it there.
5. My goals for individual activities: Running 600 miles, Biking 1500 miles, Swimming 60 miles and Total Exercise Time 17,500 minutes. This would be an increase in all areas, but I think doable (providing I maintain my momentum and avoid injury). Most significantly this would be about a 40% increase in my miles biked from 2009.
Everyone have a Happy New Year, and for those I'll be seeing in Orlando soon...I'll keep an eye out for you!