Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Journey

It is said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Seventeen weeks ago I began training for Ironman Texas, which is now less than 20 days away. In that time  I've covered just over 1,600 miles and I still have more than a few miles left to cover as I begin the 3 week taper period. Since I started this, I've run a half marathon, 2 marathons and a 50 mile trail race as I prepared for the Ironman race and this weekend I finished the process of preparation with a 16 mile run and a 94 mile bike ride.

Now I have a few weeks to refine my preparations and recover from the weariness that the training has brought upon me.

Ironman Texas is just 19 days away.....and I am looking even more forward to it with every passing day.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I wish I had your drive - you are truly amazing!