Monday, April 9, 2012

A New Challenge

I've been working for a while now on exploring boundaries and seeking new challenges......and now I have one more.

(I'm taking a deep breath before I post this one......)

Last month I applied for a program on a whim....well, more accurately I thought about applying and didn't until a friend nudged me a bit. After all (at least in my estimation) this was the sort of thing into which other people (i.e. better athletes) got accepted. However, this was different as last Monday I got an email saying that....well, saying this:

Congratulations!  We’re pleased to announce that you have been selected to become a CLIF Ambassador! Your individual athletic interests were a perfect match for the sponsors’ goal of building a dedicated team of trainers, instructors and coaches who are committed to training others and promoting a healthy lifestyle. 

I applied as a trainer/coach who soon begin working with an after school group (which I did list in my application), although since Clif's target is adults I may do more of my fulfillment of the terms of my program with athletes in training and racing environments as a fellow athlete. The products that I will be dealing with are Clif Bar and Builder Bar, which happen to be my favorite Clif products.

Tomorrow is my "webinar" where I will get additional information beyond what I have already gotten online and through email. I am both a bit excited and apprehensive about this--but where would I be if I never tried anything new? 

Actually, I think I know the answer to that, I would likely be a nice guy weighing over 300 lbs who was wondering what to do about his health rather than being someone who had gotten his act together and had a company ask him to promote their product. 

Wow! This is definitely new territory for me. 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations - you are going to be an amazing asset to the Clif Team!!!

Blessed with Boys said...

Congrats!! Awesome news!! You are an inspiration to many. There is nothing you can't do, once you set your mind to.

Rae! said...

Yay!!!