Now that 2010 is in the books, I want to take a bit of time to review my
goals from last year and see how I did.
1. Run a sub-30 minute 5K. I've been after this one for a while and really feel I can do it this year.
I only ran one 5K this year, but I beat the old 5K PR of 30:20 with a 27:05 in late November.
2. Run a sub-2:30 half marathon. Just like #1, I really am going after this goal this year.
While I ran 3 half marathons this year, 2 were run for the fun of doing a Disney event; however the only one was run for time. In February I knocked almost 5 minutes off of my half marathon PR with a finish time of 2:26:45.
3. Participate in at least 4 triathlons this year. I did 4 last year, so I don't see why I can't do at least that many again.
2010 was a full triathlon year for me as I entered and completed 6 triathlons.
4. Get my weight under 200 pounds and keep it there.
I started the year around 212 lbs and finished around 202 pounds, never quite getting under 200 pounds, but I was successful at keeping my weight down and not regaining any of my previously lost weight.
5. My goals for individual activities: Running 600 miles, Biking 1500 miles, Swimming 60 miles and Total Exercise Time 17,500 minutes.
Well, I have looked over my log for the year and was quite surprised with my training totals for the year. It's not that I did not know that I had done a lot of training, but I had not been watching the monthly or annual totals for at least several months. I ran 626.2 miles, biked 2060.8 miles and swam 69.5 miles for the year (a total of 2756.6 miles). In addition, I logged a total of 20540 minutes of training activities for the year. (for which I say "Wow!")
In summary, I made 4 of the 5 goals while narrowly missing the remaining goal. All in all, I have to call 2010 a successful year...with any luck (and a lot of effort) hopefully 2011 will be as good or better! My thanks to all of you give up a bit of your time to read my ramblings in this blog.